You’ve got a wet basement. A lot of water leaks into your basement, causing mold to grow, making the basement smell terrible and raising the humidity levels inside. The wetness can also cause structural damage to your home or even lead to condensation on cold surfaces, making them slippery.
If you need a dehumidifier for your basement, here are some tips for choosing one:
– Know what size of the room you’re using it in. This will determine the size of the dehumidifier you need.
– What is your budget? There are cheap dehumidifiers that are still efficient, and there are expensive ones with lots of bells and whistles. How much you will spend on a dehumidifier is up to you, though if you’re using the basement as a living space, you should invest in a higher-quality model that will last longer and protect your home from mold.
– Look at customer reviews on different brands, models and retailers. Some of them will explain how well a dehumidifier works and may even give you tips on using it properly.
– Consider buying a larger dehumidifier than you think you need. If you have a big room, it’s tempting to get the largest dehumidifier that will fit in the room. However, dehumidifiers will work more efficiently if they’re not overworked.
– Consider the style of the dehumidifier. There are different types of dehumidifiers with all the required features. Some will be quieter than others, and some will be designed to keep the air away from your home so that you don’t have to worry about mold growing in your ducts. There may even be models that are better for people with allergies or asthma.
– Think about how long the model will last before it needs to be replaced. You’ll want a dehumidifier that you can keep for a long time. A good company means excellent customer service, so you might get your dehumidifier fixed under warranty if something goes wrong.
– Think about energy efficiency. Does the dehumidifier come with an Energy Star logo? It will help cut down on your electric bill, so it might be worth spending a bit more money on this feature.
– Think about durability. You might want something that will last you a long time and provide you with good service.
– Think about features. Some models will have LCD screens or remote controls, while others allow you to control them through an app on your phone. Some dehumidifiers even come with surge protectors and extra filters that help make your buying experience more convenient.
– Think about whether you should get a portable dehumidifier. Some people like to move their dehumidifiers from one room to another, while other homeowners like having theirs stay in one spot throughout the basement.
When you decide to buy a dehumidifier, make sure that you choose one that’s right for your basement, whether it’s used as a living space or not. A good dehumidifier will get you rid of excess moisture so that your basement stays mold-free and comfortable to live in.
The amount of moisture in a room can always be a cause for concern. That’s why you need a good dehumidifier to keep the humidity levels moderate. We’ve shown you several factors that you should consider when buying a dehumidifier for your basement.